I have been blogging around here for less than two months on media, policy-making and international affairs, so pretty much formal stuff but engaging, I believe.
That said, last week the 2013 Liebster Award Recipient, fellow blogger The Peckish Kiwi honoured me by nominating me along for the Liebster Award (it must be probably an OSCAR for “discover new blogs” category). I really do not know the origins of the award but basically it’s similar to old chain letters just more glamourous! Here it goes:
The Rules of the Award:
1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers, but I’ve been flexible here) to give this award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
11 FACTS About Me
1. I spend money on clothes I do not wear. I have sought counseling on this one.
2. I ran away from home when I was less than 5. The runaway stunt lasted half an hour.
3. I helped my grandma with a baby cow birth delivery when I was a child. She could not find a man willing to do it.
4. I like picking violets in cemeteries. Not daily, just when it happens to visit one in spring…
5. …Oh, and I do it (no. 4) by daylight, although I live in Transylvania and you might make your own assumptions here.
6. I like eating my mother’s cooked sarmale, no cream needed.
7. I keep drinking instant coffee although my doctor advised against.
8. I am highly allergic to pollen.
9. I choose and weigh my own plums when buying from the street market. Most people don’t.
10. I like watching planes take off whenever I get the chance.
11. I started this blog with a first post in July 2011 then I left it die away, I’m glad I came back.
11 Questions from The Peckish Kiwi:
1. Tomato Sauce or Ketchup?
Hot mustard instead, lots of it!
2. Tortellini or Ravioli?
Tortellini with spinach filling.
3. Early bird or Night Owl?
Depending on the season early bird in winter, night owl in the summer.
4. If you had a cow, what would you call it?
I had my grandma’s cow while a child, she named it Johanna (reads Joiana in Romanian) and it actually fitted her. She was blonde but quite smart, yes that shows some degree of prejudice. She always waited calmly before the entrance door in case my grandma was not at home to let her in from pastures.
5. If you were promised $10,000 a day for the rest of your life, but had to spend each lot of $10,000 in the day you received it (so no using finance or hire purchase), what would you spend your first $10,000 on?
Buying an all-inclusive round the world trip. I’d like to see for myself the places I’m watching on Travel Channel.
6. Are you more likely to be ten minutes early or ten minutes late?
I was more of a “30 minutes earlier-type” some years ago then I came across an article about how much time we’re spending waiting before closed doors doing nothing and then I changed it to “5 minutes late” in cases where excuses were allowed.
7. What’s your favourite go to meal when you’re just cooking for yourself after a hard day of work when you are feeling lazy? Or if you don’t cook, what’s your favourite feed me now I’m hungry meal.
It’s not restricted to a one favourite, but it must be linguini pasta with mushrooms, garlic, béchamel sauce and a tiny splash of lemon zest, finish it with parsley when serving hot. It takes some 30 minutes top, so it’s still motivating even if it’s late and I’m tired.
8. Do you dream in colour?
I’m not sure, I really don’t remember.
9. What’s your favourite Eddie Murphy movie?
I don’t have one, I am a George Clooney regular fan.
10. Have you ever talked your way out of a speeding ticket?
I don’t drive, don’t own a permit, not intending to get one. It’s sometimes annoying but I can’t see myself driving.
11. What’s the best thing about this blogging gig for you?
Getting to know other people’s interests and how much it means to them.
11 Blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award:
- Once Written
- Fabrizio Fitzgerald Farina
- Maggie Thom
- Literary Bits
- Hortus Closus
- Chas Spain Design
- Le Drake Noir
- Cooking Class
- Attenti al Lupo
11 questions for the nominees:
1. Do you have a favourite airport and what makes it that way?
2. What was the last book you’ve read recently?
3. Best travel spot you’ve been to that you would go back to anytime?
4. Travel light or heavy?
5. Do you skip breakfast or is it a must?
6. What makes your day at the end of it?
7. Do it yourself or have someone else do it?
8. If you would get the chance to save the world by magic, what would be the first thing you would do?
9. Did your mind go blank during an oral exam or presentation?
10. Are you a control freak or do you go with the flow?
11. Do you have repeating dreams over the years?