Are you still dreaming, like so many others around here, of landing the perfect job in a breathtaking sunny location with the task of making the world a better place as your top priority? The UN might just give you an idea.
Ok, this would be available for only 6 months (they say) but I believe it would be enough to get you a full island adventure and still save the world! From hunger, job shortage, crisis, you name it and they have it!
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is offering an International Individual Contract Agreement in Malé, Maldives Islands (I-ICA 1) to a prospective recruit as a Project Development Officer that has to answer the following essential requirements:
- Masters’ degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Climate Change Adaptation (or equivalent),Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences or related field.
- Additional years of experience in combination with a relevant Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Climate Change Adaptation (or equivalent), Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences or related field may substitute for the requirement of a Masters’ degree.
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in a developing country context (desirably Maldives); desired
- Minimum 1 year of experience in project/programme management and assistance and financial tools;
- Minimum 1 year of experience with report and proposal writing and administrative functions, writing activities and some strategy plan formulation.
- Oral and written fluency in English is mandatory.
Complete job description available HERE. Applications only through their own e-recruitment page.
Deadline is 26 Feb 2013. So you might just as well apply if you’re into tanning, crystal clear waters and well, of course, international development!
P.S. You might have noticed that I added a FB page for this blog although not a FB fan myself but thought of my “social media” readers.